Do you have an innovative idea to start up a business in Canada?
The Start Up Visa program is ideal for the high potential, motivated entrepreneurial business person with an innovative startup idea that has the potential to create jobs and compete on a global scale.
If you are an International Student with Entrepreneurial aspirations check out our dedicated Student Start Up Visa page.
Advantages of the Start Up Visa Program
- Gain permanent residence in Canada
- Opportunity for you and your spouse to work and your children to study in Canada while the permanent residence application is in process
- Flexibility that allows you to manage your competing demands in and outside of Canada
- No residency requirement or exploratory visit to Canada prior to gaining permanent residence
- No minimum net worth requirement
Start Up Visa Requirements
To qualify for the official Canadian Start Up Visa Program you have to fulfil the following requirements:
- Have a qualifying business
- Get a letter of support from a designated organisation (e.g. Empowered Startups)
- Meet language requirements
- Have enough funds to settle
It is important to mention that you can apply for a temporary work permit to come to Canada and set up your business while your application for permanent residence is being processed. This is a great step as it gives you time to work on building your business early on without having to wait until you become a permanent resident.
Why work with us?
Empowered Startups a successful and designated business incubator
You need a letter of support from a designated organisation and Empowered Startups is a business incubator designated by IRCC. Empowered Startups is a very successful business incubator that has supported more than half of all permanent resident applications through Canada’s Start Up Visa program with a very high success rate.
Using a business incubator as designated organisation to support your startup idea has the advantage that you don’t need to secure funding from the business incubator.
Whistler Immigration a trusted partner of Empowered Startups
Empowered Startups Ltd specialises in supporting high potential, motivated entrepreneurial business people who envision to run their own innovative Canadian startup. Whistler Immigration is proud to be a trusted partner of Empowered Startups. Working with Whistler Immigration provides you with the benefit of unparalleled professional and quality service based on our many years of experience and success in preparing and submitting Startup Visa applications. Our team has processed the most Startup Visa applications of any other firm in the Startup Visa Program.
Support and Mentorship of Empowered Startups
With the holistic incubation program of Empower Startups you have access to services that systematically support and mentor:
- risk adverse and efficient startup business modelling and road mapping
- customer discovery and acquisition
- technology research and development with leading Canadian labs and universities
- rapid garnering of market intel and insights
- introducing early stage offers to the Canadian market
How does it work?
- You have an innovative business idea you want to launch from Canada that is scalable internationally.
- Contact us and provide us with your information.
- If accepted, a Skype interview will take place.
- Complete Empowered Startups online Global Startup Accelerator program and receive an Offer of Acceptance to Empowered Startups’ Startup Visa Canada incubation program. The Global Startup Accelerator is an eight weeks e-learning program with expert mentorship.
- The Letter of Support (for Work Permit application, which can take 4-8 weeks) and the Commitment Certificate to IRCC can be issued after signing the term sheet and submitting the fees.
- Working with Empowered Startups, a successful business incubator designated by IRCC.
- Working with Whistler Immigration, an Empowered Startups trusted partner and a team with more experience and success preparing and submitting Startup Visa applications than any other firm.
- Entrepreneurs don’t need to secure funding from business incubators